Friday, August 13, 2010

A Birthday Party

Monday was Mahesh Babu's birthday, a popular cinema hero here and my favorite actor. Becky and I attended his birthday festivities held by his fan organization in Vizag. K.P., who took us, got us introduced to a character actress and singer who was there named Kalayani. We were taken to sit with her right up next to the stage. She gave us this invitation to her concert on Wednesday. Her picture is on it.



My understanding of what happened up on the stage is pretty limited, since it was in Telugu, but I do know that they were chanting "Long live Mahesh Babu" and that they gave saris to some poor old women. The women pretty much knocked Becky out of her seat thronging the stage.



Before we left a camera crew from a TV channel stuck their microphones in front of us and asked us to say where we were from and wish Mahesh a happy birthday. We did so, although we were a little embarrassed by the attention. As we left we were handed these.




I'm sure Cindy is jealous of our Mahesh Babu masks. We'll see if we can get some Prabhas ones for you on his birthday.

2 comments:

  1. Now that's what I needed for my Halloween costume last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! It is, isn't it? Well, maybe some other time.

    ReplyDelete